Select to view content in your preferred language

how many licenses of arcpad do i need

05-28-2010 09:15 PM
manojpant
Emerging Contributor
Hi
we are looking to build a team of 200 mobile mappers..
each will have there own hardware..
now does it goes same for arcpad.. do we have to purchase 200 licenses of arcpad..
if so it look really too much..
can somebody suggest an alternative...if the above is true..

regards
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrettBlack1
Frequent Contributor
Yes, I believe you need a license of ArcPad for each hardware unit in order to abide by the ESRI licensing agreement. What type of hardware unit are you using?

Feel free to email me at bblack@sidwellco.com if you have additional questions.
0 Kudos
manojpant
Emerging Contributor
i am still looking for a pda with GPS.. HP or HTC
however the overall cost will shoot heavily if we even think to purchase that many licenses of arcpad..
any body know of any open source free application which can just capture point feature and add attributes.
0 Kudos
BrettBlack1
Frequent Contributor
Send me an email when you get a chance at bblack@sidwellco.com and I would be able to give you a few hardware suggestions. Thank you.

Brett
0 Kudos
CalCrawford
New Contributor
Yes, I believe you need a license of ArcPad for each hardware unit in order to abide by the ESRI licensing agreement. What type of hardware unit are you using?

Feel free to email me at bblack@sidwellco.com if you have additional questions.

yep, we're running nomads and laptops and were told we need 1 copy for each piece of equipment running windows os.
0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs1
Deactivated User
Hi,

Yes, you definitely need as many licence as hardware you would like to run on. However, you can get a massive discount on a 200+ AP licence order - depends on your distributor. And sometimes you can buy (Trimble) hardware with ArcPad in bundles... Ask your retailers.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos