Select to view content in your preferred language

Get Data From ArcPad not checking in edited data

06-18-2018 07:48 AM
EmilyLa_Trobe-Bateman
New Contributor

I am getting the following message for the Check In Results report in ArcGIS:

1 out of 1 AXF files were processed. Here are the results:

* The selected layers in C:\Users\DataForArcPad5\Test_gdb.axf were successfully checked in, but one or more edits were skipped because the geodatabase reported an error. The first error reported is:
Field is not editable.

The following XML document lists all ArcPad edits that were replayed against the source geodatabase.
Please click the ? button and then click this report for more details about the XML format.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CHECKIN>
<CHANGE tablename="TEST" oid="4262" status="A" action="F" message="Field is not editable.">
</CHANGE>
</CHECKIN>

However, the edits are visible on my mobile ArcPad device and if I open ArcPad on my PC. I checked out the data as 'Check Out for Disconnected editing in ArcPad' and everything has worked fine until Check In.

I checked the attribute data for the edited layer in ArcGIS to double check that the edits aren't showing, and they aren't.

Has anyone had this problem?

Could this combination of software versions and operating systems be causing a problem?

I am using ArcGIS 10.6.0.8321, ArcPad 10.2R (Build 23)

Windows 10 Home - Laptop

Windows 8 .1 Notebook Mobile device

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EmilyLa_Trobe-Bateman
New Contributor

I have worked out the issue with the uneditable file. It was compressed. Uncompressing and running the check-out/check-in process solved it.  Unfortunately, the steps appear identical in ArcPad, including being able to select for editing.

0 Kudos