Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature class missing after check-out using Trimble Positions and ArcPad 10

Jump to solution
07-22-2013 08:23 AM
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor
I'm having a similar problem to the one posted in the thread below but I'm using different software so I created a new thread...

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/10466-Features-Missing-After-Check-out

I'm using ArcMap 10.1 and the latest release of Trimble Positions to check out data for disconnected editing in ArcPad 10.0.4.

I'm using a file geodatabase with subtypes, domains, and custom .axf files created in ArcPad Studio.

I have one point, one line, and one polygon feature class.

When I check out all three feature classes using Trimble Positions, I get a confirmation that three feature classes were checked out successfully. However, when I open the .axf file created in the check out process in ArcPad on my desktop or ArcPad on my GPS unit, the existing features in my polygon feature class do not display. But, I can collect new data in my polygon feature class as the appropriate icons still shows up in my QuickCapture toolbar, and the domains and subtypes are exported properly.

Per the post link above, I've validated all features in my geodatabase, and everything is fine (domains, subtypes, etc) so even if Trimble Positions was enforcing hidden validation rules, that shouldn't be an issue here.

I've verified that the polygon layer is visible in the TOC in ArcPad. I've also tried deleting my check out map and recreating it but that didn't work. I've also tried deleting my "project" in Trimble Positions and recreating it and that didn't work either.

Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions out there?

Thanks,

Kerry
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor
Well I figured out what's causing my problem but I'm not sure why...I use the XToolsPro > Table Restructure > Add XYZ tool to add or update coordinates in my attribute table after post-processing. It seems after I run the tool, subsequent checkouts are missing the polygon features. I have to restore my geodatabase with a backup copy in order for the polygons to display in checkouts again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kg76
by
Occasional Contributor
Well I figured out what's causing my problem but I'm not sure why...I use the XToolsPro > Table Restructure > Add XYZ tool to add or update coordinates in my attribute table after post-processing. It seems after I run the tool, subsequent checkouts are missing the polygon features. I have to restore my geodatabase with a backup copy in order for the polygons to display in checkouts again.
0 Kudos