Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed import without error message for Import ArcPAd Shapefile + GPScorrect SSF

01-25-2011 07:38 AM
KatharinaBrüser
New Contributor
I collected GPS features with ArcPad (7.1) + GPS Correct and want to postprocess them with GPS Analyst extension (2.10) in ArcMap (9.3). I created new files in ArcPad instead of checking out features for ArcPad, so I have to import them to a GPS-enabled personal database for postprocessing.
It worked out well in most of the times. However, in two cases I can't import the feature in the geodatabase. I get the prompt that all featues + corresponding ssf file were succesfully imported, but the window for starting the import does appear again after closing the prompt, and only the first one of my features  referring to the specific ssf file gets imported. Apparently the ssf file is imported as well,and appears in the GPS-Session folder of my database. I can also postpcrocess it, all contained positions are processed and rebuilt. However no link is established to the imported features such that no rebuilding of features is performed.

I already tried to rebuild the the features in ArcMap, hoping to reestablish the missing link between GPS positions and feature, but does not work. Instead featues are left without any positions (I did not use any strict filters while rebuilding, but "most recent", "original file" or "best quality"). I also made sure there is no problem with the spatial domain extent of featues and geodatabase.

I couldn't find any specific help in forums or help files yet and as there is no error message at any time during these processing steps I don't know I could find out about the source of the problem. Does anyone know about a way to get more information about what might be the problem with the ssf.file, how I could repair it, or if there is another way to recover the link between the information in the ssf file and the features?

Thanks
Katharina
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies