Can I install ArcPad on a Palm Treo Pro?

05-13-2010 12:59 AM
MacWind1
New Contributor
Hello.

Is it possible to install ArcPad on a Palm Treo Pro?

Thank you very much.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Almarde_Ronde
New Contributor
Hello.

Is it possible to install ArcPad on a Palm Treo Pro?

Thank you very much.

ArcPad is supported up to Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1, so if you're Palm Treo Pro runs that there shouldn't be a problem? Just try out a demo install, see if it works.
0 Kudos
Cheng_SiangLeow
New Contributor
Hello, i was thinking of posting a similar thread (but with different phone), so i thought of 'borrowing' your thread to save us more space on threads for more important topics.

I'm looking at a day-to-day use smartphone with occasional GIS mapping (tired of my Leica GS20). I'm forward to try the ArcPad (although never used but had know it's one of the leaders in handheld GIS Mapping market).

The phone that caught my eye is the new Garmin Asus Nuvifone M10, running on WM 6.5.3. 600MHz with 512 RAM and 512ROM (memory slot available). My questions:
1. Can ArcPad run on WM6.5.3?
2. Can the phone specs support ArcPad?

Please do comment if you have any info on this. thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs1
New Contributor

The phone that caught my eye is the new Garmin Asus Nuvifone M10, running on WM 6.5.3. 600MHz with 512 RAM and 512ROM (memory slot available). My questions:
1. Can ArcPad run on WM6.5.3?
2. Can the phone specs support ArcPad?

Please do comment if you have any info on this. thanks a lot!

As almarderonde said before, ArcPad 8 is supported on Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 only. The forthcoming ArcPad v10 supports 6.5 too. Anyway, based on just the specification, Garmin Asus Nuvifone M10 should be okay for ArcPad v10.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos