ArcPad Raster Projection

Jump to solution
11-27-2019 07:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using ArcPad 10.2 for Windows and cannot add recent aerial imagery. I receive an error that says the map projection for 'NCMECK006017.sid (as shown in the attachments)' doesn't match the current map projection. We have been using another sid file from around 2010 (Mecklenburg.sid in the attachments) but it is painfully outdated at this point. This file clearly has projection information but ArcPad says it has "no projection information"...it proceeds to load it anyway and functions. The projection of the map is NAD_1983_StatePlane_NorthCarolina_FIPS_3200_Feet. I have tried everything from stripping NCMECK006017 of projection information, trying other projections, and most importantly, defining the projection of it to match the one that the map is in but still get the error. As far as the older Mecklenburg.sid file, I can strip it, change it, match it to the map, any change is just met with ArcPad saying it has no projection information and then it works. Any other ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if my explanation or terminology is lacking. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

I greatly appreciate the follow-up. I'm sorry if I left that detail out; there was a PRJ file associated with the MrSID file that I was attempting to add, with the same name at that. I verified that it was the correct coordinate system too but ArcPad still would not add the imagery. Ironically, the older SID had no PRJ but it worked. On a bright note, I discovered yesterday that other 2018 aerials actually work, so while not ideal, they are certainly functional and a great upgrade. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide me with the information and it is confusing as to why ArcPad is so finicky in noticing the coordinate system, especially when a file designated for that purpose is being used.

Eli

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Hello Eli,

Perhaps you can try supply a projection file for that layer. In ArcPad, you can find a copy of NAD_1983_StatePlane_NorthCarolina_FIPS_3200_Feet here:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\ArcPad10.2\Coordinate System\Projected Coordinate Systems\State Plane\NAD 1983\NAD 1983 StatePlane North Carolina FIPS 3200.prj"

Take a copy of this file and rename it in a name consistent with your MrSID file and/or JPEG file with the extension set to ".prj". i.e. "NCMECK006017.prj".

Then next time you add this MrSID file to ArcPad, ArcPad should notice the PRJ file and it will use that file rather than trying to "guess" it from reading the MrSID.

Stephen

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

I greatly appreciate the follow-up. I'm sorry if I left that detail out; there was a PRJ file associated with the MrSID file that I was attempting to add, with the same name at that. I verified that it was the correct coordinate system too but ArcPad still would not add the imagery. Ironically, the older SID had no PRJ but it worked. On a bright note, I discovered yesterday that other 2018 aerials actually work, so while not ideal, they are certainly functional and a great upgrade. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide me with the information and it is confusing as to why ArcPad is so finicky in noticing the coordinate system, especially when a file designated for that purpose is being used.

Eli

0 Kudos