Select to view content in your preferred language

An error occurred while importing the file: 80004005 Failed to check in from AXF file

05-23-2012 09:46 AM
MichaelJones3
New Contributor
I keep getting an error when I try to import data into my geodatabase.  This error occures weather I try to modify data of create new data.

Executing: CheckinAXFFileAndGPScorrectSSF C:\Users\michaelmjones\Desktop\Archeology_Geodatabase\ArcGeoDatabase\Archeology_DB_FieldDataCollection\Check_In\5_22_2012\FLAG_Area_Archeology_mdb.axf # WACA_Arc_Site_Datums
Start Time: Wed May 23 10:14:07 2012
Importing GNSS positions from SSF file: C:\Users\michaelmjones\Desktop\Archeology_Geodatabase\ArcGeoDatabase\Archeology_DB_FieldDataCollection\Check_In\5_22_2012\GPScorrect.ssf
Imported 50 GNSS positions.
An error occurred while importing the file: 80004005
Failed to check in from AXF file
Failed to execute (CheckinAXFFileAndGPScorrectSSF).
Failed at Wed May 23 10:14:08 2012 (Elapsed Time: 1.00 seconds)

I am using a GeoXT 2005 Series w/
OS - Windows mobile 5.1
Arcpad v10.03
GPS Correct v3.4

Computer
OS - Windows 7 sp1
ArcMap 10.03
GPSAnalyst v2.4

I suspect that the error is related to the extent of the feature classes but I don't know how to change it as it seems to be automatically set based on the extent of given feature class.  I could of course be wrong and it could be something entirely different.  This issue seems to be specifically related to this geodatabase as I can create and use others with no issue.

Any help would be great!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannahFerrier
Deactivated User
Hi Michael,

A common issue that can trip up an ArcPad .axf check-in is when the NAME or LOCATION of the ORIGINAL GEODATABASE has been changed between check-out and check-in.

Please make sure the original geodatabase is EXACTLY the same as when you performed your check-out.

Hope this helps,

Hannah
0 Kudos