Still using MapObjects

09-13-2012 10:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MCline19

Despite the fact that MapObjects was discontinued about 3 years ago, my company has still been using it.  We are a government agency and what isn't broken doesn't get fixed or changed.  However, we are now beginning to encounter some problems with it. 

We use MapObjects to create custom maps for our emergency services.  The ability to create custom mapping applications has been very beneficial to us and provided some simply luxuries that other applications do not provide.  For example, the ability to create over-sized buttons on a touch screen to accommodate use of firefighters in full rescue gear, which includes bulky gloves which inhibits dexterity. 

Some of these emergency hardware systems are beginning to reach an age where replacement is necessary.  Currently, these systems are utilizing Windows XP; however, the replacement units run Windows 7, which is where our problems with MapObjects appears to be beginning. 

My specific question is:  Will MapObjects work with Windows 7?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mkennedy

Officially, I can't say yes or no, because it hasn't been tested. There are several posts about Windows 7 in the MapObjects forum like this one.

Melita
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MCline19

Thank you for the information.  I didn't see the MapObjects forum earlier.  I will take a look through that.
0 Kudos
OnlineSystems
New Contributor
I am using Map Objects with Windows 7 and it seems to work fine except when I try to use sde92.dll instead of sde91.dll.
0 Kudos