Need ArcObjects 10.2 after upgrade from ArcGIS 10.0

Jump to solution
06-29-2015 07:04 AM
JeffMorton
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm a contractor working with the local city government on a project. I don't normally work with ArcGIS but the city was able to allow me to check out a license and install ArcGIS 10.0. That install also included the VB.Net ArcObjects 10.0.

They recently upgraded to ArcGIS 10.2. When I ran the upgrade, it required that all of ArcGIS 10.0 be uninstalled, including ArcObjects. The install for ArcGIS 10.2 did not include the option to install ArcObjects 10.2.

What do I need to do? I've looked for someplace to download ArcObjects without success. The city IT department is understaffed, so it takes them a long time to respond to any request.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Jeff

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

They probably only gave you the Desktop Install.  It is a file called Setup.exe.  You need to get the full install.  You should find a file called ESRI.exe.  When you run that, It will give you a list of things you can install and one is ArcObjects SDK.  I don't know what files or directories you have access to on your network so I can't really help you further.  You will need to bother the city IT staff for help on this one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

They probably only gave you the Desktop Install.  It is a file called Setup.exe.  You need to get the full install.  You should find a file called ESRI.exe.  When you run that, It will give you a list of things you can install and one is ArcObjects SDK.  I don't know what files or directories you have access to on your network so I can't really help you further.  You will need to bother the city IT staff for help on this one.

0 Kudos