X-Ray for ArcCatalog - Extension does not appear

Jump to solution
12-06-2021 11:22 AM
TimHayes2021
New Contributor III

I have ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1 with Excel 2016. I installed X-Ray for ArcCatalog. However, the extension does appear in Customize - Extensions. When I choose Customize - Add-in Manager, in this window is shown X-Ray for Geodatabases under My Add-Ins. Refer to screenshots included here. 

Not sure if I should try to use ArcGIS Desktop 10.7? I was told it will work in 10.8.1, but never tried it until now. I know the ESRI site says only up to 10.7. 

Anyone get X-Ray for Geodatabases to work in ArcGIS 10.8.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

and before anyone asks, it isn't available for Pro

Related unclosed thread

X-Ray for ArcCatalog for Pro? - Esri Community

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Comment from the X-Ray download page (ArcGIS Online) 

The X-Ray add-in for ArcCatalog will not be certified on ArcGIS Catalog 10.8 -10.8.1. We do not intend to update or certify the addin for any future releases. (In saying that, there is nothing preventing the addin from working in 10.8 or 10.8.1 and some folks are using it successfully.)

Sounds like it is not supported, so if it doesn't work, you should probably try 10.7.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

and before anyone asks, it isn't available for Pro

Related unclosed thread

X-Ray for ArcCatalog for Pro? - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
BrandonJCSD
New Contributor

Hey Tim,

Bringing to surface this old thread I found. Did you ever get it to work on 10.8? I just installed Xray on my new PC and it's successful. I am on windows 11, Enterprise 10.9.1 and desktop 10.8.1. Navigate to the Xray hub page HERE . Click on open content, then click download. 

Open ArcCatalog, launch your newly downloaded item. It should open in Catalog, click install. Once installed, you can click on customize, add-in manager, it should be listed there as an add in.

Close Catalog, reopen Catalog. Click on customize, click on extensions, Xray should be listed at the bottom, check the box and it will pop up 🙂