Polygon feature class not displaying all values, labels bunched into one value

11-15-2022 09:01 AM
Labels (3)
KathleenBallew
New Contributor II

I have a feature class of stormwater basins that is only showing one of the basins regardless of whether I choose single value or unique values in symbology. This feature class should cover a larger area, but only one basin shows up with the labels for all basins bunched inside it (Basin 4). When I select to only show, for example, basin 1, basin 4 is still the only polygon displayed. I suspect this may be a database issue but I cannot find the source of the problem. I've attached a .jpg showing the subbasins listed in the table of contents and the single basin displayed on the map with subbasin labels bunched inside.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

perhaps the larger basin is covering the smaller ones in the featureclass.

Could you select the larger polygon (in the table preferably) and set its symbology to transparent.

If it is obliterating/hiding the others select and export the larger basin to its own featureclass, delete it from the original and append it back to put it on the bottom

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KathleenBallew
New Contributor II
The basin shown is only a fraction of the area covered by all the other basins. Somehow all of the shape areas and lengths of all the subbasins in the feature are the same in the attribute table and I'm unsure of how that happened.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the subbasin areas and lengths all have the same area, it is corrupted somehow.  The geometries are apparently all the same

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KathleenBallew
New Contributor II
Could this have happened while updating the feature class into the main geodatabase? I was making edits in pro and then we copy/pasted this layer to the geodatabase via arc catalog.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't know, but you will have to use a backup if the geometry is destroyed

... sort of retired...
KathleenBallew
New Contributor II
Thank you! We were able to find a backup
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

good!