Mosaic to New Raster "Blend" method not working...

08-22-2018 01:59 PM
Userhalo1474
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to merge two DEM's together with the Mosaic to New Raster function. I want to use the "Blend" mosaic operator to create a smooth feathering in the overlapping area of the raster's. The function runs and creates a new merged raster; however, in the overlapping area of the raster's there is no blending. The output results match what the "First" or "Last" operators would do (all overlapping cell values match one of the previous raster's rather than a blending of the two). Do the raster's need to be the same cell size prior to running the function? Is there another way to perform this process that would work? 

I am using ArcMap 10.3   

Thanks  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Run a test with two rasters with the same cell size and ensure the extents do overlap. It is possible that different cells sizes could result in a gap between adjacent rasters, hence that step to check extent would seem prudent.

0 Kudos
WilliamKramber
New Contributor II

This is a reported Bug.  I could not get the Mosaic to New Raster Blend option to work in 10.4, 10.6, 10.7 or Pro.  Have you developed a work-around?

0 Kudos