Select to view content in your preferred language

Invalid Pointer Error

04-29-2020 09:16 PM
ArianneFord
New Contributor III

Hi all

To be clear, this error came out of nowhere. Everything was working perfectly yesterday, and today this started. No settings have been changed on my computer between yesterday and today. It occurs with every single tool I try to run, whether it be in Spatial Analyst, Data Management, Conversion Tools... Example below from when I try to run Extract by Mask. If I click yes to continue running the script, ArcMap crashes. Background Geoprocessing is disabled. 

Running ArcMap Desktop 10.7 on Windows 10 (Chrome is and always has been my default browser, I do not use IE or Edge). I know this was an issue on older versions of Desktop, but I was under the impression it was resolved? And why would this randomly start occurring out of nowhere when it was working fine yesterday?

Any ideas on how to fix?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Stupid question but did you allow it to run (top of your screenshot)?

0 Kudos
ArianneFord
New Contributor III

I can't actually get to the point where that's an option, because I can't get rid of the initial error message box.

When I open the tool, the script error box pops up immediately. If I click the "yes" button to allow the script to run, then ArcMap freezes up and crashes. If I click "no", the tool window closes. There's no way to access the message at the top of the screenshot without first dealing with the script error box in the middle of the screenshot

0 Kudos