adding a photograph to arcmap

01-10-2022 07:20 AM
Labels (2)
mkhenson
New Contributor III

I have a client looking to do surveys around a few different street intersections.  He would like to incorporate some photographs in this arcmap.  I am not sure how this is done.  He wants to be able to call up his map, click on the info, (which is just the date of survey, date of construction, dates of any updates...etc) and be able to click and display a photograph.  Can someone lead me the way to get this done?  Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

hyperlinks would be one option, probably hyperlink to a document

Using Hyperlinks—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mkhenson
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan...I got this to work, but it's a little cumbersome to get to the link.  Is there a way to click on my point data in the map, and have it display the hyperlink? Thanks

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Adding Attachments could be another option.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

hyperlinking to points can be a pain.  just follow the recommendations in the sections on

"using hyperlinks" and " Changing the hyperlink color for features" in the first link I sent.

When I used to use ArcMap, I used to buffer my points by a small amount to make a "bigger point" and establish the hyperlinks in that file rather than the point file... it just makes the mouse movement/select a hyperlink a bit easier than trying to click exactly on the point

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mkhenson
New Contributor III

thanks very much....I got it to work, but just found out the client is using ArcGIS Pro.  I am going to duplicate the question over there.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

similar suggestions, just a few new terms

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos