Select to view content in your preferred language

Changing the Name of Individual Assignments in Batch Assignments

06-28-2022 06:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've imported batch assignments into Workforce, and while their pop-ups are configured to display their description (assignment type/name of task) in ArcPro, they are showing up as "Assignment" in Workforce. Is there a way to change that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User Where are the assignments showing up as "Assignment" in Workforce?  Is this in the web or mobile or both?  Is this appearing in the Type of assignment?

Craig

0 Kudos
BrentWindebank
New Contributor

@CraigGillgrass 

This also happens to me. I can confirm that @Anonymous User  issue most likely happens in both workforce web and mobile app as it does for me.  Each individual point in arcPRO or arcGIS online map will have its individual address or coordinate (under location) titled with a layer name. Once used in workforce online or app, these points are designated as "Assignments" or given the title of the layer they are housed in when you lasso these points and attempt to assign them in both online and the app. You need to individually change each point you are assigning to contain the address so workers are lead to 123 X street rather than "Assigment". This can be done by clicking add assignment and individually placing points or changing the location via right clicking for each individual point. Both are time intensive and defeat the point. I have tried to link location for each point so I do not have to do this. I have attached screenshots of my project for you, guidance would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrentWindebank It looks like your popup title is set to your layer name - that's why it's being used for the location of the assignment.  If you want a field, such as Location, to be used for the location text of the Assignment, you need to configure the popup title to use that field.

This topic discusses this ability:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/workforce/android-phone/help/create-your-first-assignment.htm

Craig