Workflow Manager Licensing Scheme

11-16-2023 01:35 AM
MuhammadNaufalIhsan
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

Can anyone describe to me about the latest Workflow Manager licensing scheme for ArcGIS Enterprise? Based on what I know there is Workflow Manager Standard/Advanced server extension and Workflow Manager user type.

Let's say I buy the Workflow Manager Advanced server extension, did I also get the Workflow Manager user type? If so, how many users I can get?

Regards,
Naufal

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TiffanyWeintraub
Esri Contributor

Hello Naufal,

This is a great question and the business model was recently updated with the ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 and ArcGIS Online October releases. The service-based Workflow Manager has moved from a named user license model to an organizational capability license model so starting at 11.2 there is no longer a requirement for the Workflow Manager User type extension to be assigned to each user who will access Workflow Manager. You will still need to assign the Workflow Manager User type extension to each user in 11.1 and earlier.

Workflow Manager is a capability server in ArcGIS Enterprise and there are two levels: Standard and Advanced. There is a functionality matrix that lists out the differences in between the two, but essentially, if you want to utilize webhooks, job and step scheduling, and other advanced automated capabilities you will need the Workflow Manager Server Advanced. Once the capability server is in place, you can access the Workflow Manager web application from the Portal application tray (installed with Portal).

There is a Workflow Manager Pro extension available but it is completely optional. This is only needed for those users who need to access and work through jobs in Pro.

Workflow Manager Components and LicensingWorkflow Manager Components and Licensing

Thank you,

Tiffany

0 Kudos
MuhammadNaufalIhsan
New Contributor III

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the explanation. I have 2 follow-up questions:

1. In 11.2, which level/role will be able to access the workflow manager? Will viewer level be able to access & be assigned a job or is it for creator level only?

2. In 11.1 and before, will I get any workflow manager user type extension if I only have a Workflow Manager Server Advanced license?

Regards,
Naufal

0 Kudos