Workflow Manager error - createWorkflowItem not found

06-03-2024 09:48 AM
johnchewitt77
New Contributor

Hi,

I am installing Workflow Manager 11.1 in a ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 environment on Azure and have an issue that I would appreciate some help with. The WFM is on a separate server to my hosting service and I am using the Azure Application Gateway rather than the ArcGIS Web Adapter. I get a 404 error when I try to create a new workflow item with 'createWorkflowItem not found'. Any suggestions would be much. appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SamWest1
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

I'd recommend taking a look through this document to make sure your configuration of the App Gateway matches our recommendations. Please let us know if you still encounter issues with your environment.

Hope this helps!
Sam

johnchewitt77
New Contributor

This is really helpful, thanks a lot Sam. This document is excellent but our deployment uses a separate server for the WFM Server. We adopted some of the settings in your config document and it got us a bit further, but we now get a licence errroand I'm guessing that is because the request to access WFM is wrongly being routed to the ArcGIS Server on the hosting server. Would it be possible for you to tell me what the Azure Application Gateway settings should be for a 2 server deployment i.e. a hosting server and a separate WFM Server.

The error we curretly get when we try to create a Workflow is below....

johnchewitt77_0-1718638396616.png

And we also get numerous web socket errors which makes me think its an Azure App gateway issue

johnchewitt77_1-1718638500267.png

0 Kudos