Workflow Manager Client Application

12-31-2013 10:32 AM
BrettS
by
New Contributor
I've installed Workflow Manager for ArcGIS Server 10.2 but I can't find the Workflow Manager Client Application.  Is there a separate install required for this?  There is an ArcGIS Workflow Manager folder on the Start menu but the only thing in there is a folder of Developer Help and the files inside don't work for some reason.  I've been searching the folders in C:\Program Files\WMX\Server10.2 as well and have been unsuccessful thus far.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NishiMishra
New Contributor III
I've installed Workflow Manager for ArcGIS Server 10.2 but I can't find the Workflow Manager Client Application.  Is there a separate install required for this?  There is an ArcGIS Workflow Manager folder on the Start menu but the only thing in there is a folder of Developer Help and the files inside don't work for some reason.  I've been searching the folders in C:\Program Files\WMX\Server10.2 as well and have been unsuccessful thus far.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Brett,

Workflow Manager Client Application is part of the Workflow Manager for Desktop install, thus you need to get Workflow Manager for ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 to get the client application and the administrator application. With the Workflow Manager for Server you get the server implementation, the Web viewers(Flex, Javascript), REST API, SOAP API, Flex API, JavaScript API and the Silverlight API.

Thanks,

Nishi
0 Kudos
BrettS
by
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply, Nishi.

Do I need Workflow Manager for ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 in order to make use of Workflow Manager for ArcGIS Server 10.2? 

Thanks,
Brett
0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Brett,

Yes, you will need the desktop (Administrator) for authoring your workflows and publishing a workflow service. Think of it as needing ArcMap to publish a map service to server.
I hope this helps.

Thanks
Tope
0 Kudos