Problem with creating AOI

03-11-2011 04:10 AM
EvgeniaKaradjova
New Contributor
Hi!
I'd like to ask something about the creating of AOI. Actually there is no problem and the workflow of creating is passing without any problem...but, my shape of AOI is created not in the place where i create it. When i draw my shape, it is situated over my map, but when i create the AOI, my shape is projected somewhere else out of my map...i think there is a problem with the coordinate system(which is tuned correctly i think) but it is out of my knowledge until that moment! So what is actually the problem and can i fix it.. thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Hello,

I agree, coordinate systems seem to be a likely culprit.  It's probably worth checking the coordinate systems of the JTX_JOBS_AOI feature class and of any MXDs that your jobs use, just to make sure that they are what you intend them to be.

Beyond that, how are you defining your job's AOI?  Are you using the "AOI" tab in the WMX Application, the "DefineAOI" custom step as part of a workflow, through a web application via WMX Server, etc.,?

Also, how are you viewing the AOI after it has been defined, and are there any viewers that "agree" with each other?  For instance, if you view your AOI in 1) the WMX AOI tab for that job, 2) the WMX "Map view" for a job query result, and 3) ArcMap (by adding the "JTX_JOBS_AOI" feature class from your WMX database), how do the AOI positions compare with each other and with the polygon that you originally entered?

Brian D.
0 Kudos
EvgeniaKaradjova
New Contributor
Hello,
I use the default tool in the upper right corner of WFM to create my AOI. For instance when i draw the AOI in Bulgaria and save the AOI, it is saved in middle Africa, almost under my original X-coordinate, but much below according to y-coordinate (as i said in middle Africa 😄 ). And also the shape is at an angle. If i make a triangle, its angles are different from the original shape that i have drawn.
0 Kudos
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Interesting.  I'd suggest checking the following:

1. Open this job type's AOI MXD in ArcMap and check the active data frame's coordinate system; make sure that it is what you expect.

2. View the properties of the JTX_JOBS_AOI feature class in ArcMap/ArcCatalog; check its coordinate system and make sure that it is also what you expect.

3. Add the JTX_JOBS_AOI FC to a new map in ArcMap after you've entered a job's AOI; see if ArcMap displays the job's AOI in the correct location.  This should help clear up whether WMX is defining the AOI incorrectly or displaying/projecting the AOI incorrectly.

Finally, which release and service pack of JTX/WMX are you using?  And what coordinate system(s)?
0 Kudos
EvgeniaKaradjova
New Contributor
Hi,
regarding steps 1) and 2) I made the investigation to make myself sure that the spatial referenses of the active frame and the feature class are OK.
As for step 3), ArcMap displays the job's AOI in the incorrect location as does WFM. The WMX version is 10 SP1. The Flex API version is 2.0.
The coordinate system is 103535.

Greetings !
0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

This issue was resolved at Workflow Manager 10 SP2. You can grab the latest Service pack and patches from here

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos