Select to view content in your preferred language

How to get "Open In Web Editor" to appear as option?

3 weeks ago
DennisKaplan3333333333
New Contributor

Good Morning Web Editor Team,

In the blog post,  

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/web-editor/announcements/arcgis-web-editor/

I see the option to open your editable WebMap directly to the Web Editor application.  I do not see those options. Also is this only for WebMaps?  Will editable feature layers be able to be opened up directly in the Web Editor application, or will it only work with WebMaps?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DennisKaplan3333333333 

> I see the option to open your editable WebMap directly to the Web Editor application.  I do not see those options.

The `Open in Web Editor` command will appear for any editable web map that you own or have access to; can you confirm the map is editable and what its sharing level is?

> Also is this only for WebMaps?  Will editable feature layers be able to be opened up directly in the Web Editor application, or will it only work with WebMaps?

This will only work with web maps, Web Editor doesn't support adding layers or editing a layer without a web map at this release.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Also unfortunately ESRI only allows "Creator" user type and higher to use web-editor. 

Here is what it should look like on one of your web-map items:

ClayDonaldsonSWCA_0-1719856876207.png

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

yes, that is true @ClayDonaldsonSWCA@DennisKaplan3333333333 this may be what you are seeing.  The user must be a Creator named user to access Web Editor.

0 Kudos