Would like have my Attribute Rule to work. any help will be appreciated.

03-01-2019 07:29 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

I have a simple polygon feature class with one Area field (Double). I have added an Arcade Attribute Rule to calculate area when creating and updating. 

Round (Area($feature, 'Acre'),1)

There is no error message when adding the rule, however when I go to create the polygon I see the field area is not populated with acres.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Your Arcade expression is correct, so iI don't think you should change anything here (I tested it using the Attribute Rule Calculation profile in the playground and of ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS for Developers and using 10 decimals to see something):

Do you have a screen grab of how you configured the Attribute Rule?

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Thank you for extending your help.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

This is my email: abi.dhakal@forestry.alabama.gov

If you can send me email to my address above. I can set you up to see my screen.

Thank you much.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I don't see anything strange in your screenshot of the tool. Be sure to revise all the requirements here: Add Attribute Rule—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop and if the problem continues please contact your local support to walk through the problem.

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

After your suggestion, I revised the whole thing again and now it work in ArcGIS Pro. However, the Rules do not get populated in the  web map nor do the features I create in the web map transfer to the enterprise data. Did I do something wrong while servicing?

0 Kudos