Web Map do not use the alias changes from Service

09-15-2015 07:37 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I already have  a web map created in ArcGIS Online. I had to change the alias from the layer in the MXD and overwrite the service. The service now has the schema i need

but the webmap that is reading that service do not see the new changes in alias, it still have the old schema.

I change the url in AGO-ASSIST and it said it was success

If I create a new web map and add the layer it sees the changes, the problem I have is that if i remove the parcel layer and add it again, for some reason my attribute table widget in WAB Dev remove my layer and even though i add it again using the same name and service it never add the layer again

If i want to have my Parcel layer again available in WAB DEV (And i need it, is the most important layer in my application) I need to recreate a new app all over again. So, my question is, is there a way that my layer already added to a web map in ARCGIS Online see the overwrite change of the parcel service?

Thanks for all your help!

2 Replies
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Diego,

This  is as designed. For now there has no way to update layers if users has configured it.

We are going to let AttributeTable synchronous with map in next release.

DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your help!

I notice i was not able to refresh the service in my Web Map so I had to change the Alias from Json file in ArcGIS Online Assistant.

I rewrite my alias here and I could see my changes in my Web Map.