Web AppBuilder Print widget settings help

Jump to solution
12-07-2015 02:05 PM
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Can anybody answer, or offer suggestions, to these questions regarding the ESRI Print widget for Web AppBuilder?

1) Is it possible to add a north arrow to the print layouts?

2) Under the Advanced options is it possible to set the default to preserve "map extent" instead of "map scale."  I'm having trouble locating that in the code.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

1. Adding a north arrow would involve using your own print service instead of the default esri one and adding the north arrow to each of the default templates that you print service uses. Pretty involved. ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) | Advanced Printing
  2. Open the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets\Print\templates\Print.html
<td>
  <input type="radio" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/RadioButton" data-dojo-props="name:'preserveScale',checked:true,value:'true'"
  />
  ${nls.mapScale}  
  <input type="radio" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/RadioButton" data-dojo-props="name:'preserveScale',value:'false'"
   />
  ${nls.mapExtent}
</td>

Change checked value true to false and vise versa.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

1. Adding a north arrow would involve using your own print service instead of the default esri one and adding the north arrow to each of the default templates that you print service uses. Pretty involved. ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) | Advanced Printing
  2. Open the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets\Print\templates\Print.html
<td>
  <input type="radio" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/RadioButton" data-dojo-props="name:'preserveScale',checked:true,value:'true'"
  />
  ${nls.mapScale}  
  <input type="radio" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/RadioButton" data-dojo-props="name:'preserveScale',value:'false'"
   />
  ${nls.mapExtent}
</td>

Change checked value true to false and vise versa.

AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

As always, thanks for the information.  I don't think I'll mess with the north arrow just yet.  I was able to switch my default "Preserve" setting per your tip though, and that will help our users.

Again, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
GeraldStanuch
New Contributor III

Robert,

I tried changing these values in a web mapping application downloaded from ArcGIS Online. Should that work or is this intended for the developer version of webapp builder? Also can the default resolution of 96 be changed?

Thanks

0 Kudos