Web AppBuilder, How can I add a loading overlay image?

Jump to solution
06-16-2015 01:17 PM
joaquinfernandez
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Please forgive my newbie question. I am still learning my way around. I've downloaded the developer version of the Web AppBuilder and installed it on my machine. I also was able to add a widget to AppBuilder. Now I would like to be able to modify the code in order to add a loading image over the map area and remove it once the map is ready. I found looking at the DOJO tutorials a possible solution but I am not sure were the CSS or code to change. Can someone point me to where or what files need to change?  I thought it may work in the Layer list widget on show Layers but don’t know if this is where I need to make the change.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
6 Replies
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Joaquin,

The JavaScript API has a busyIndicator module that will do the work for you.  Here is a link:

esri/dijit/util/busyIndicator | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Regards,

Tom

StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Joaquin,

Are you just trying to change the existing loading gif? if so you can just replace the loading.gif in

\server\apps\<app#>\jimu.js\images

Additional loading parameters can be configured in the index.html in the main-loading div

-Stan

joaquinfernandez
New Contributor III

Thank you guys for your replies,

The JavaScript API busyIndicator will work, my map has a lot of layers and gives the users the impression that it’s stuck, due to that it takes 5 to 15 seconds to render. Where can I catch any event when the map is rendered and is ready, for example after loading or they have zoomed or panned?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I will be releasing a map progress indicator widget tomorrow or first thing next week.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

Here a Map Progress Indicator widget:

Map Progress Indicator Widget Version 1.1 - 7/3/15

joaquinfernandez
New Contributor III

This is a very simple task, but the lack of documentation makes it imposable for a beginner.

Thank you.