Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Beta access

10-01-2014 06:58 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody,

I have applied for  Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Beta about 3-4 months ago, using my free developer account and apparently it is still under "review". Is there anybody I can contact about this or should I just wait until it is out?

Tim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LarsSchmitz
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tim Witt‌. Web AppBuilder has recently been released as part of ArcGIS Online. So, you actually can start to use it today 🙂 However, if you are interested in building your own widgets and themes, you will have to stick to the developer edition. There is a public beta program you can subscribe to here: Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer edition)

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Lars,

thanks for the reply. Yes I was more interested in building my own widget and themes and it was the Developer edition I was applying to. Bummer I never heard back from them though.

Tim

0 Kudos
LarsSchmitz
Occasional Contributor III

Pay attention to the fact, that you will need an ArcGIS Online for Organization subscription or ArcGIS Portal. A developer subscription does not suffice, as far as I know. Maybe Julie Powell‌ or Moxie Zhang‌ can help out here.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Lars that is true, but I thought why not give it a try. All they can do would be to send me an e-mail telling me my request has been denied

0 Kudos
ThaoLe1
New Contributor III

I agree with Tim.  All they have to do is at least give us a courtesy e-mail to let us know the status instead of this

10-1-2014 8-19-09 AM.png

I even went further to apply for a 30-days organization account instead of using a developer account that I had before and there's still no reply.

0 Kudos