Web Appbuilder Apps deployed to Web Server not launching

03-03-2016 02:28 PM
AmyKnight
New Contributor III

We have several Web Appbuilder Apps that were created using WAB 1.2 for developers then deployed to our web server.  These have been working great for months until today. Now the load screen spins and refuses to launch the apps.  Nothing changed since yesterday... no changes to our web server or map services, etc.  But the apps suddenly won't launch.  This does not seem to be related to any of our map services.  We tested with ArcServer map services and data stored on AGOL, same result.  I also tested a new app using web appbuilder 1.3 on AGOL, then downloaded and deployed with the same result... it would not launch.

What is working:

I can still launch these apps through the WAB startup on my local drive.     We have other Story Map apps that are still working, deployed on the same web server, so it does not seem to be a web server problem. 

Can anyone shed light on what might be the problem? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you right click on the browser, choose "inspect elements" and tell us if you see any browser's developer console errors?

AmyKnight
New Contributor III

Aravind-  The problem resolved itself overnight after not working for a full day on any browser.  I had inspected yesterday and there were '404 - Not Found' errors showing.  Today I spoke with an ESRI analyst who had looked at the problem yesterday and noted errors sending requests to 2 files but we had been unable to connect and talk through them yesterday.  And now the problem is gone.  So it is resolved but we do not have an explanation.  Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hmm.. interesting. I'm glad it was resolved. You can bookmark this thread so, you can come back and comment if this issue reoccurs.

Aravind

0 Kudos