WAB Custom Print Service with Overview Map and Dynamic Attributes?

12-03-2018 01:18 PM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Esri, 

I've looked through pages and pages of articles and Geonet forums but I haven't been able to find a solution for this. It's 2018 is this functionality there? And can you publish a custom print service from ArcGIS Pro?

We're looking to create a custom print Service that has: 

• An Overview Map (with a fixed scale)
  • Dynamic Attributes (ideally pulled from the popup info)
  • Dynamic Title (if possible)

Any answer would be much appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

can you publish a custom print service from ArcGIS Pro?

Yes, but as of now you can only publish a print service from Pro to a server federated to a portal. Unlike ArcMap, Pro does not allow publish/sharing to a standalone server.

here is a help topic discussing that: Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.5) | ArcGIS Ent... 

An Overview Map (with a fixed scale)

here is how you can do that:

Dynamic Title (if possible)

See 'Creating a custom layout' section in the help topic I mentioned earlier. Once you add a title that way, and have an associated task (i.e. Get Layout Templates Info) in the print service as described in the same help topic mentioned above, you will see Title text box showing up in a WAB's print widget.

Dynamic Attributes (ideally pulled from the popup info)

This is not supported out of the box. You need to have an arcpy based custom solution. pls read the following blog post. Pls note: this blog post was written with ArcMap in mind, but the same concepts applied in Pro and you may need to rewrite the arcpy script.

Printing Popups from Web Application