WAB - Attribute Table error in Chrome/Firefox

1189
7
08-24-2016 06:29 AM
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem in Web Appbuilder.  We are using the latest version of WAB (downloaded yesterday).  We have forced SSL and everything seems to be working properly (attached).  We also have a proxy that we have been using for the past 7 years and everything works great.  When loading a web map on IE everything works great, loads fast, attribute table works.  When loading the same page on Chrome or Firefox it hangs for about a minute and a half before removing the attribute widget.  Once it removes the attribute table it loads immediately in both browsers.  I deployed a test page without the attribute table and as expected the page loads securely and super fast.  I am trying to figure out what is causing the attribute widget to give Chrome and firefox an SSL Protocol error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Garrett,

   It is only the manifest.json that is having an issue returning. I can get the Widget.js, config.json, etc without issue. Are you sure the manifest.json file exists on the server? I may have become corrupt some how.

0 Kudos
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the quick response.  Our developer and I are looking into this.  Weird this is only happening in Chrome and Firefox.  The manifest.json file is in the directory as it should be.  I even renamed the original and copied out a fresh version of the file with the same issue.  We are going to keep searching to make sure nothing is pointing to internal resources.

Thanks,

Kade McBride

0 Kudos
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

Do you think I should try using an older version of the attribute widget?  Right now i am using the latest 2.1.  I'm sure that's not a best practice, but i will try anything.  I even loaded WAB on my desktop to see if something was wrong with the configuration on the server.  Published a new page from my desktop and had the same exact errors.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Garrett,

   That is worth a shot (trying the older version). If you look up the ssl error that you get some of the google'd possible issues are that the firewall is blocking this file (something to possibly look into). What bugs me about about that is that other widgets manifest.json files come through fine. You may want to edit the manifest.json and remove the comma featureActions portion (just for testing).

0 Kudos
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

Robert,

So we made a little headway.  Once I removed the identify widget (2.1), then everything begins to work.  Strange, because something in the identify widget is causing the attribute table to fail in Chrome/Firefox.  That's unfortunate because we really like the identify functionality.  I verified all excluded services are mapped correctly via https.  Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Kade (Garrett)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kade,

   That is strange and I have never had anyone report an issue like this and there are Lots of people using the Identify widget. 

0 Kudos
GarrettMcBride
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thank you for your help.  I had a wierd error and i'm not sure why it effected the editor.  I had 2 versions of WAB and the old original version worked.  I compared the folder structures and notice 1 file missing in the new location.  When extracting WAB, this file was 1 character over the "limit" and did not extract.  Once i created a share to that location and then recopied the file, everything seemed to fix itself.  Thank you again for your help, you were very fast with your responses.

Kade

0 Kudos