Using Cost Analysis Widget in Webapp Builder for ArcGIS Online?

01-11-2019 06:25 AM
EsmeeSanders
New Contributor

Hi!

I am trying to use the Cost Analysis widget in the Webapp Builder for ArcGIS Online. I have a shapefile underneath (polygon) that has an attributetabel with costs in it. So, different areas all have different costs. With the Cost Analysis tool I'm trying to configure it, so that when you draw a line on the map, it calculates the costs of this line based on the layer underneath. But I cant get it to work. It keeps measuring the length of the line and then assiging the same vlaue in euros to it (1 metre is 1 euro). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the layer underneath needs a Global ID? I also can't get the "Add Global ID" tool in ArcMap to work on this layer..

Help me please!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Es.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tmikesic
New Contributor

It sounds like you need to add that layer to the 'Costing Geometry' part of the widget. It doesnt help just to have it in the same map. hopefully you have the tables configured correctly in the database to facilitate that.

0 Kudos
HaThach1
New Contributor II

Hi!, I'm currently setup this cost analysis widget in agol and have issue with updating a project. Once a project is created using an exisitng asset, I can't seem to modify the project by selecting the propose line. Is this functionally available. It seem that you could select propose line that user sketch in but not the propose line that was created from existing asset, the option to delete the line is not available. Can someone confirm? or suggest a work around would help. thx

0 Kudos