Smart edit widget auto select

10-12-2020 04:25 AM
ahmadhasan3
New Contributor II

I have some queries related to the smart edit widget

• Is it possible to select value from drop list based on another drop list selection ?
  • also in the smart edit widget i can hide fields based on the user selection, but how i can show fields if it was hidden ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for posting your questions.

Is it possible to select value from drop list based on another drop list selection ?

If you are referring to contingent values (make values in one field dependent on values in another field), these are not currently available in Smart Editor.

also in the smart edit widget i can hide fields based on the user selection, but how i can show fields if it was hidden

Please would you be able to provide more details and maybe a screenshot to illustrate what you are trying to do?

0 Kudos
ahmadhasan3
New Contributor II

Hi Alix,

• If you are referring to contingent values (make values in one field dependent on values in another field), these are not currently available in Smart Editor.

Yes this what i meant, so how i can implement this ? should I create a custom widget or is there other way to do this ?

Please would you be able to provide more details and maybe a screenshot to illustrate what you are trying to do?

lets say i hide one field and i want to show it based on conditional selection (action), how i can do this ? 

we can hide field based on an action but how i can show it if it was hidden by default ?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Contingent values are available in ArcGIS Pro. Yes, you can customize the Smart Editor widget for your needs in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition.

Also, the Smart Editor widget does not supersede published settings; if you've published a layer with a field to be hidden, there is no option to "show" it using Smart Editor. If the field is hidden in the web map, you are still able to see it in Smart Editor if it's set to be displayed in the Layer Settings.
0 Kudos