Setting Widget to open on start-up in mobile layout

Jump to solution
04-26-2017 07:03 AM
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I am have configured the About widget in my app to open at start-up while in desktop layout, however when I open the app on a mobile device it does not open automatically. I know there are specific configurations for mobile layout, such as the widgets docking at the bottom of the page, and I am also assuming the 'auto-open' is being overridden some place, I just can't seem to find where. I am new to Web app developing, so when I start getting into the nuts and bolts of the application files it starts to get confusing, so any help would be awesome. The app was built using Web Appbuilder developer edition, version 2.1. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Franklin,

When I just tested by creating a fresh 2.1 WAB site and set the about widget to open at start and then open the site on my iPhone it worked fine. The About widget opened at startup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Franklin,

When I just tested by creating a fresh 2.1 WAB site and set the about widget to open at start and then open the site on my iPhone it worked fine. The About widget opened at startup.

0 Kudos
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for trying that. It work for me too when I created a new app. The app I am working on was created by my someone else, and has probably been updated numerous times. It helps to know that configuring the widget to open in web appbuilder SHOULD make it open in both desktop and smartphone layout. That should narrow my search a little! 

0 Kudos