Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing a geoprocessing service to work with AGOL feature services(?)

12-29-2015 01:17 PM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

I have a geoprocessing service on our arcgis server that is shared to our AGOL organizational account. I am trying to use the URL for this service to create a Geoprocessing widget in WAB 1.2 developer version. Although it does drop down the layer list for the web map and allows the selection in the widget dialogue, it will not execute and throws a generic 'failed' error. I even tried to put in the url for one of our feature services as a constant value with same result. BTW this is just a service from the Add Geometry Attributes tool to get the updated area of edited features, and if anyone knows a better way to do this please let me know. Thanks very much, cob

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Aravind - I tried this several times, and the result of running the model does not show any output layers, only inputs. It does actually work in the desktop and creates an output but it is not showing up in the results. When I try to run it in the GP widget, there is no error but the output is empty box. Just running the tool in desktop does produce an output entry in the results, this only happens when I run a model. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, cob

PS another issue - the data needs to be reprojected in order for the area to be accurate - so my model had a project tool and the output went to the AddGeoFields tool. This worked in the desktop but like I said no Output in the results window. Thx for your help - cobModel results no output.jpg

0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III

Charles,

If you ran the model from the Model Builder open window it would not produce a result.  You have to close the Model Builder tool and run it by either double-clicking on the icon in ArcCatalog or right-click and choose Open...  Those two ways of running the model will add a result to the Geoprocessing Results tab.  From that point you can right-click the result and Share.

0 Kudos