OK and Cancel buttons are not working for me, any suggestions?

03-12-2015 03:42 PM
MichaelSouffront
New Contributor III

When I go to the web app builder to create an app, I can't add widgets or do anything because the OK and Cancel buttons of any pop up window in the appbuilder don't work.

19 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

Strange I just tested this morning using Chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 m and created a new app without any issue. Have any of you tried to open your browsers developer tools and see what the web console says?

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

I have had no problem with Chrome 41.0.2272.89m either. Well I guess we can at least rule that out as the issue.

0 Kudos
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

Yes I've checked the console. And unfortunately there is absolutely nothing to see there. Given that the issue has only been seen on Chrome so far, I wouldn't rule out a browser-related cause. But for sure it won't be enough, there'll be a state that the browser needs to be put in in as well...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathias,

Very Strange. Can you go into Chrome Developer tools Settings (the little gear icon in the upper right) and make sure Disable cache (while DevTools is open) is checked and try reloading the WAB site again with devtools open?

0 Kudos
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

I confirm. 🙂 Cache disabled in dev tools settings, dev tools left open, WAB page reloaded, trying to create an app, OK/Cancel do NOT respond to clicks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathias,

Well I am out of advice on this other than start a tech support ticket.

0 Kudos
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

Issue persisting after a fresh install of WAB 1.1.

Will go for tech support indeed.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Mathias,

Does your monitor support both touch screen and mouse click? We are able to reproduce the problem on OK button with mouse clicks on touch screen monitor.

Jianxia

0 Kudos
MathiasDOLIDON
New Contributor III

Hello Jianxia. Indeed, I have a mouse+touch laptop.
Outside of the WAB, I've myself encoutered spurious issues while developping bare Dojo apps, that I traced back to the dojo/touch module ; in my case it was a weird shifting focus.

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

we found that It's a bug, we'll fix it in the coming release.