Newbie Question - Does it matter where you place the ArcGISWebAppbuilder folder?

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 12:14 PM
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I have downloaded Web AppBuilder for Developers. The instructions just say to download the zip file and then unzip. This works and I've gotten it to load, but resulting folder is in the 'Downloads' folder and that's not where I want it to be. Does it matter where I put this folder?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No, it doesn't matter where you put the folder. For example, I have several different versions in a master WebAppBuilder folder, each renamed to its version (D:\WebAppBuilder\WebAppBuilder_217, D:\WebAppBuilder\WebAppBuilder_219). I also have shortcuts to the startup.bat file for each one on my desktop, each named with the appropriate version.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No, it doesn't matter where you put the folder. For example, I have several different versions in a master WebAppBuilder folder, each renamed to its version (D:\WebAppBuilder\WebAppBuilder_217, D:\WebAppBuilder\WebAppBuilder_219). I also have shortcuts to the startup.bat file for each one on my desktop, each named with the appropriate version.

RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you. That is very helpful. I like the idea of 'WebAppBuilder' at the root with versions underneath.

0 Kudos