Near Me Widget: Zoom to location

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 12:04 PM
JackiePhipps
New Contributor II

I have inserted a near me widget in my web app builder application. I am trying to get the map to zoom to the searched location using the search tool in the near me widget. Currently the point will populate at the location, but will not change the extent. If I check "Show pop-up for the found feature or location", it provides a pop-up at the location with the option to Zoom To. 

I am trying to remove this step, and still have the map zoom to that searched location.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, this seems to be correct. It appears to me as well that this parameter should control the zoom level, but the widget seems to always return to the default scale of the map. I've submitted an issue to look into changing this at a future release.

-Allison

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AllisonMuise1

Jackie Phipps

In the Near Me widget configuration, on the Search Settings tab, there is an option to 'Zoom to the selected feature'.  The app should zoom to your search result when that option is checked.

-Allison

0 Kudos
JackiePhipps
New Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback, but I think this only zooms to the boundary the feature is found in, and not to the searched address. 

For instance I search for an address point (where I want the map to zoom to and stay). The address is in a few districts such as a parcel, a neighborhood, and a zoning district. When 'Zoom to the selected feature' is turned on, it will zoom to each district the address point is in. So it will highlight the parcel and zoom to the parcel, then on the next tab,  it will  highlight the neighborhood, and zoom to the extent of the neighborhood.

I just want it to zoom 1 time, when the address is searched. I think it correlates to this zoom scale setting, 

Using the search tool in the normal search widget this will change the extent when the address is searched, however it doesn't seem to be in the near me widget. 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Yes, this seems to be correct. It appears to me as well that this parameter should control the zoom level, but the widget seems to always return to the default scale of the map. I've submitted an issue to look into changing this at a future release.

-Allison

MargaretM
New Contributor III

Is there any update on this? The github link isn't valid anymore and I'm still having a problem where the zoom to buffer doesn't appear to be working properly for a Feature Layer in the Near Me widget (works ok for a Geocoder service).  It either doesn't zoom at all or it zooms to the feature (much too close) - depending on the options I select.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Margaret

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Hi Margaret,

You should see an improvement in this behavior following the next AGOL release.

-Allison

0 Kudos
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

I ran into this issue with the June 2019 version of Web App Builder, so the issue with the widget has not been fixed. However, I was able to overcome the issue with the "Find Me" tool by changing the visible scales of the map.

Using Web App Builder, go to the Map Tab, under Customize visible scales click Customize... and delete any scales that are below what you'd like the user to see. 

0 Kudos