Near Me Widget: Results Window not Displaying Arcade Expressions

Jump to solution
01-04-2021 09:02 AM
SamanthaCarr
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have recently begun working with the Near Me widget, and I am hopeful that it may provide an alternative for viewing my data's related records compared to the spatial filter option in the Query widget. I am working with a county level shapefile that is related to an area of interest table via a 1:M join, and this area of interest table is subsequently related to a contact information table via a 1:1 join.

I am using the counties shapefile as the search field in the widget, and in the Near Me widget result's window it appears to be displaying all of my pop up window content, including the custom pop-up window at the county shapefile level, and the custom pop-up window at the area of interest table level. In the second pop-up window, I have configured various Arcade expressions that are pulling data from the contact information table (i.e. the second level related table), and these expressions are working well within the pop-up windows themselves, but in the Near Me widget results window, it is only displaying text that I created in the configure pop up window, and the spaces that would hold the values from Arcade expressions in the map's pop up windows are left blank. Is there a way to remedy this? It would be wonderful to have all of my configured contact information from perhaps 10 related records appear all at once in one window so that the user can copy and paste it for their own use, rather than having to click through each single related record in the pop-up window. Thank you all very much for your help! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

Hi Samantha,

I haven't got the opportunity to play with the Near Me widget, so I don't know much about it but it sounds like you're asking for a custom behaviour that's not supported by that widget, which means it requires to host the widget locally and modify its source code. Also, I can suggest you add screenshots to explain better about your issue and what you're trying to achieve. It's unclear if you're able to customize the code or working online with OOB widget.

Shay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

Hi Samantha,

I haven't got the opportunity to play with the Near Me widget, so I don't know much about it but it sounds like you're asking for a custom behaviour that's not supported by that widget, which means it requires to host the widget locally and modify its source code. Also, I can suggest you add screenshots to explain better about your issue and what you're trying to achieve. It's unclear if you're able to customize the code or working online with OOB widget.

Shay
0 Kudos
SamanthaCarr
New Contributor

Hello Shay, 

Thank you for your response. Indeed, my question was regarding using the OOB widget in ArcGIS Web App Builder. Unfortunately I cannot share the screenshots of the widget as I am working with sensitive data. I see it would be best to proceed with modifying the source code to get this custom behavior. As a workaround, I joined the related data via a 1:1 join between the area of interest and contact information tables, and subsequently creating a 1:M join between this table and the county shapefile. Now all the information can be accessed by the Near Me widget, though this will require the joins to be updated if new data is added or if the data is modified. 

Best,

Samantha 

0 Kudos