Near Me widget buffer not displaying with BNG locator

Jump to solution
10-26-2022 12:50 AM
KatieFrith
New Contributor II

Hello,

Using the WebApp Builder, I've incorporated the 'Near Me' widget to search for intersecting layers within a user defined buffer distance when either a location is entered in the search bar, or a pin is placed on the map.

I have two geocoders - The ArcGIS World Geocoder and the BNG locator.

Using either a pin or searching for a place name using the world geocoder works as expected and a buffer is drawn on the map, which is automatically zoomed to.

However, when I enter a grid reference (from the british national grid system) although the search returns intersecting layers it does not draw a buffer on the map. The search source settings for both geocoders are the same. 

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Katie 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Katie,

I could not reproduce the issue of Near Me not drawing buffer. here is the workflow I tried

1) Select BNG Locator from left drop down box

2) Search for SX911639 grid reference and click the search button and I can see a orange color buffer is drawn like the screenshot below. Is there anything else I am missing from the workflow?

image.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Katie,

Is your app publicly shared? if yes, could you post the url of the app? Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
KatieFrith
New Contributor II

Hi Aziza,

Apologies, have only just seen your message. 

Yes, it's public. The url is: https://rspb.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=7b7443499c734c1695c6582bd8a28a6b

0 Kudos
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

@KatieFrith  Could you share the developer tool console error log?

0 Kudos
KatieFrith
New Contributor II

Hi Anjul,

Have only just seen this, so apologies for delayed reply.

Yep, the error is:

main.js?wab_dv=2.25:1627 Cannot read properties of null (reading 'id')

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Katie,

I could not reproduce the issue of Near Me not drawing buffer. here is the workflow I tried

1) Select BNG Locator from left drop down box

2) Search for SX911639 grid reference and click the search button and I can see a orange color buffer is drawn like the screenshot below. Is there anything else I am missing from the workflow?

image.png

KatieFrith
New Contributor II

Hi Aziza,

Oh my goodness - I'm such a wally! I hadn't realised that you needed to select the geocoder in the dropdown. I'd assumed the search bar would reference all geocoders - hence the problem. 

Thank you!!

0 Kudos