My Custom templates for the Print widget has an error

05-10-2018 08:48 AM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I am attempting to try to use my own template with the print widget.  I don't like how the legend works in the default version and it doesn't appear to be configurable.  I followed the directions and created a new service and I am trying it out in an app that was built with the out of the box solution.  (I have one that uses with the developers solution for custom apps as well).  Anyways, everytime I try to run the widget it says Error. Try again.  When I tried to check the configuration, the service url box has a warning that says the url is not available.  The url I am using is <domain>/arcgis/rest/services/ExportWebMap/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map which appears to be the correct service url to be put in that box.  I saw some other threads that had similar but different issues getting this to work properly.  I thought I'd also check my logs and found this entry: Instance of the service 'ExportWebMap.GPServer' crashed. Please see if an error report was generated in 'C:\arcgisserver\logs\GIS-SERVER.CACDOMAIN.LOCAL\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file.  

I will do as suggested and send that email.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So your print service works on some mapservices, but not on other more complex mapservices?

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

As Robert said, I'm not sure it is necessarily the complexity of the mapservices but rather the content.  The trouble is, I have no idea what content could possibly be the problem.  I even republished the potental culprits to no avail.  Maybe I'll try again next week.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

No I never did.  I just use the out of the box option which is disappointing but it is what it is.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos