Map navigation on Google Pixel 2

08-23-2018 07:01 AM
EricMcPhee
New Contributor III

I recently got a Google Pixel 2. Since doing so, I have been unable to pinch to zoom or pan any maps that have been made with Web AppBuilder. I tried several maps from the  Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS - Live Sites Showcase and I cannot navigate as expect in their applications either.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

13 Replies
BruceMiller
New Contributor III

I just had someone point out this issue on Windows touch devices. I can pinch and zoom on my Android phone. I just tried to pinch and zoom on my Surface and I have the same issue. I tried both an AGOL version and a developer version and both would not zoom. I'm pretty sure it worked before. 

0 Kudos
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same issue.  I made an app using web app builder in the beginning of August, and it worked fine chrome mobile browser on a Google Pixel 2.  Now I open the same app on the same device and I cannot pan or pinch to zoom.  All I can do is double tap to zoom.

EricMcPhee
New Contributor III

Well at least it's not just me...

The same applications work on many other devices, just not the Pixel 2 XL.

0 Kudos
GeoffAbma1
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with my Google Pixel 2.  I do not have this issue with my iPad Mini 2 or my iPad Pro.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only as well.

0 Kudos
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

I just had one of my Users come to me with a Pixel 2 XL that just started acting like this.  It worked a week ago (last time he used it). I asked him to download Firefox and test it. Web app works fine in Firefox on a Pixel 2, Chrome doesn't.

0 Kudos
ChrisCarter3
New Contributor III

I'm also seeing this behavior on a Surface Pro and a Pixel 2. I have a Samsung phone that works correctly, using the same version of Chrome as the Pixel 2.

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I've just had a user report similar experience on a new Motorola G6 work phone. Not able to navigate any apps built with WAB on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. We have Microsoft Intune enabled and the same thing happens in the work browser, plus the work and personal versions of Chrome.

Did anybody ever get a resolution for this?

0 Kudos
ChrisCarter3
New Contributor III

I asked about it at the Developer Summit last month and was told that a fix is coming but it didn't make it into Enterprise 10.7.

I just tested on ArcGIS Online and it appears that touch navigation works again, so I have my fingers crossed that it will be fixed in Enterprise 10.7.1.

-Chris

0 Kudos
ChrisWiebke
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am having this issue also.

0 Kudos