Limit domain values available to the user when editing using Smart Editor

07-15-2021 08:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello.

I have a field of type Short and assigned a domain with 5 values.

I want to only show two values to the user when they edit this field so they can choose from these two values only without changing the domain.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

There is no way to currently do this with Smart Editor, and I can't think of any way to do this right now without changing the domain... hopefully someone else has ideas!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

After some more thought around this I just realized you can set this up by managing the edit templates directly from the web map. 

1. For example, I have a layer with edit templates set against a field with a domain. My domain has 5 values, and these are used as my edit templates for creating new features.

AlixVezina_0-1627576223316.png

In the web map, click Edit and then click Manage to manage the edit templates.

AlixVezina_1-1627576285418.png

Here you can select which templates to keep for editing, so for example I will only keep 1 and 5 and then save the changes.

AlixVezina_2-1627576463808.png

AlixVezina_3-1627576478437.png

Now when I go to edit features in the web map, I only have 2 options. Save the web map.

AlixVezina_4-1627576510050.png

And now these 2 options should also be shown in Smart Editor!

AlixVezina_5-1627576571008.png

Note: the value will still be available in the dropdown, but the defaults will be set to value1 or value5 depending on the templates I selected to create the feature.

AlixVezina_6-1627576620218.png

Apologies I did not think of this earlier.

LetíciadAgostoMiguelFonseca
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone!

Is this workaround the only solution to limit domain values on smart editor?

If so, does someone know how can i do it using the new webMap?

Thanks!

ChaimSchwartzIroads
New Contributor III

Other soltions include contingent values and attribute rules. Both don't work in my scenario, so if anyone has a better idea I'd love to hear. (I need something at the app level, and not the feature class level. There might be a solution using Field maps/forms, but with enterprise 10.9.1 which is what we have - I don't see a solution)