Label exists filter widget

Jump to solution
03-07-2019 04:56 AM
LauraGuthschmidt
New Contributor III

When editing the filter widget, I can't save the setting, because it keeps telling me the label exists. Even if I configure a new filter widget I get this result. This didn't happen before I added a second layer, which I have now removed. After removal, I still get the same message.
What can I do to solve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BradLingenfelder
New Contributor

I've been having this same issue and it seems to be related to the "Widget Label" at the top.  If you have saved a configuration under a specific label name, then go back in to change configuration, it appears to think you are trying to duplicate a label name and doesn't allow it. 

I've gotten around this by just adding a space to the end of it and then saving widget configuration.  Definitely a bug that Esri needs to look into.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Laura,

What version of WAB are you working with?

0 Kudos
LauraGuthschmidt
New Contributor III

Normally the dev edition, but this problem occurs from a template on AGOL.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Laura,

So I have been looking for a clue in the code and can not determine the issue. You should call tech support.

0 Kudos
StephanieBlazey
New Contributor III

Laura, were you able to resolve this issue?  I am getting the exact same "Label exists" error when I try to configure the Search widget in Web App Builder. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

StephanieBlazey
New Contributor III

I deleted the web app and started from scratch.  I am able to configure the search widget without getting the "Label exists" error now.  Weird... but there you go.

MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

I'm experiencing this issue frequently in the Infographics template of WAB Product version: Online 7.1 / Kernel version: 2.12. It has been present in (at least) the Query widget and the About widget.

It is primarily in Google Chrome, and occurs when you've made some significant changes to the widget.

The workarounds I've used:

1. Close the browser entirely and re-load
  2. Change browsers to something like Firefox
  3. Delete the widget and rebuild a new one.
AliNazari
New Contributor II

None of the workarounds have worked for me. I cannot recreate the entire webapp. Any suggestion?

BradLingenfelder
New Contributor

I've been having this same issue and it seems to be related to the "Widget Label" at the top.  If you have saved a configuration under a specific label name, then go back in to change configuration, it appears to think you are trying to duplicate a label name and doesn't allow it. 

I've gotten around this by just adding a space to the end of it and then saving widget configuration.  Definitely a bug that Esri needs to look into.

NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

I had the same (annoying) problem - thanks for the easy workaround.  I was about to give up!

0 Kudos