Infographics Widget in web app builder issues

03-26-2020 06:02 PM
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Issue #1:  When trying to set up the Infographics Widget in web app builder, it won't allow me to chose  the map being used to fuel the web app.  It doesn't give me any map option to choose - see attachment.  I have used this widget in other web apps no problem.  I have also recreated this web app and map multiple times to see if that would fix it...it doesn't. 

Issue #2:  I have also run into issues with this widget where I will make a change and hit the OK button but the widget window won't close.  In order to save my changes I have to close the window, make a change somewhere else, and the save the web app. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pamela. I have a couple questions:

• What type of layers do you have in your web map?
  • When you first add the Infographic Widget in your app, what template do you choose? Are you able to select your layers for any of the templates? 
0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cody, 

I have map services published from Query layers in ArcMap.  

I used Web App Builder and then selected the Dashboard template.  

I am able to use the filtering widget (regular and group) with the layers, and regular ones like layer list, attributes, etc. 

Thanks!

Pamela

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the additional information. I believe that you are running into this issue because you are using a map service instead of a feature service in your web map. According to the infographic widget documentation, only feature layers (a.k.a layers created from feature services) with query capabilities are supported when choosing Map as the data source. To publish a feature service from ArcMap, you need to enable the Feature Access capability in the Service Editor window. Please see the following documentation for more info: 

Feature Services - ArcGIS Server

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Cody - that was exactly it!

Pamela 

0 Kudos
OliviaDeSimone
Occasional Contributor

Is there an ArcGIS Ideas page or enhancement in the works for this?  I'd like to create a dashboard using a database view which cannot be published as a feature service.  

0 Kudos