Info Summary widget with time slider

04-05-2017 09:52 AM
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

I'm using the Info Summary widget. Does anyone know how to force the tool to honor the time slider widget display, so that only features in the map are displayed in the list? It honors the results of the filter widget already.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Do you want to animate the features using the time slider and at the same time show the summary statistics? If so, this may be difficult since the summary widget (depending on the number of features you have) may requiere multiple requests to the server to calculate the statistics and if the slider is active and changing the date range, the summary widget might not be able to generate the result before the date has changed againand the user will only see the summary widget values change without showing the resulting values in time. Might be better to apply the filter widget as you mentioned before to get the data for a data range. 

However, the possibility to have both widgets active at the same time and see the summary values update when change the date range manually would be a great feature.

YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

Yes I would like to see the Info Summary widget and the Time slider (which in my mind is just a type of filter) to work at the same time. I guess I will submit as an idea or think of ways to customize the Info Summary widget to be fed by only the features seen on the screen, it must be fed by the underlying features, although it still honors the filter widget but not the time slider widget.

MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Yoav,

How are you able to get the Info Summary widget to honor a filter?  I can do that, but only once, then when the client changes the filter again (filter widget with multiple filter options), the Info Summary is NOT updated. It keeps only when the Info summary was first ran.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

I'm using it OOTB group filter. It changes with the group filter, but only one group filter at a time. I think the group filter is set up this way, to only use one group filter at a time. Also you can't seem to be able to add another group layer filter so that you could use two at a time, that's unfortunate and would be a nice enhancement.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

I have used the Filter Widget and configured many filters and multiple filters can be applied at the same time as described here: Filter widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  

0 Kudos
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

That works with the Filter widget. But the Group filter widget applies to multiple layers (having a common field) all at once. OOTB you can only have one group filter with multiple group filters in it, but cannot apply them all at once. I have two or more layers with a field called "floor" and I want to see only the features with floor="first floor". using filter widget I would have to set up individual filters for each layer. The Group filter allows one click of a button and it applies to all the layers.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

And when you are using the Filter widget with multiple filters... Info Summary widget only does a summary for the first time Info Summary is clicked... after that.. if you go back and change the filters in the filter widget, does it update the Info Summary?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

When you activate the Filter widget it will close the summary widget and when you open it again it will recalculate the statistics based on the current extent en filter settings.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

That does not happen.

Info Summary widget when opened maintains the the filter setting set when the Info Summary widget was used... when the user goes back and changes more filters, then back to the Info Summary widget, it still only maintains the first filter settings.  You can also see this in the Layer list... the Info Summary widget creates a layer (graphic layer).... you can close the Info Summary widget all you want, the Graphic layer stays.  Please confirm.  Using WABde 2.3.

0 Kudos