How to: Crowdsource Polling Web App (Comments Configuration)?

10-15-2020 11:38 PM
AnthonyMcLaughlin
New Contributor

Help, I'm stuck!

My question is regarding the Crowdsource Polling Web App - Similar to this  >>>  Public Comments Map  

Background: Entry level GIS/Planning Assistant 

Project: Involves creating a "transportation projects" map, for a government agency, that allows the public to comment on projects (shown as points on a web map)

Problem: I can't seem to configure the comment button correctly.  Only the like button works.  May be a problem with my table relationship?  

If anyone has experience I'd appreciate a chat!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Anthony McLaughlin

Did you deploy the solution? If so to Enterprise or Arcgis Online? 

ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
JeffSchwein
New Contributor

Currently, I'm still tinkering with it in ArcGIS Online.  I can point the App at the web map I created, but I'm unsure of the process to allow for comments?  The only function I can get to work is adding the "Like" button.

0 Kudos
Kevin_McIntyre
New Contributor III

Set up a related table in your FGDB with the layer you want comments to be added to with a "One to Many" relationship. If you have multiple feature layers that you want to add comments to, you'll have to set up a "Many to Many" relationship in the relationship class.

In the related table, you'll need a comment field (Set the field as a string with a 255 character limit.). 

Upload the FGDB to arcgis online with ArcGIS Pro. 

From there you should be able to connect the web map to the web app and it should work. 

0 Kudos
JeffSchwein
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to compress the FGDB before uploading to ArcGIS online? For some reason the relationship is not being carried over.

0 Kudos
Kevin_McIntyre
New Contributor III

To upload a FGDB to ArcGIS Online it does need to be compressed.

However, and I'm not sure if this has changed, but I've had issues in the past using that method to upload FGDBs with relationship classes. I've found it's easiest to upload the FGDB from ArcGIS Pro. 

JeffSchwein
New Contributor

Hi Kevin - 

I just realized I only have a "Basic" ArcGIS Pro License, so when I try and create a relationship class in the FGDB it is "greyed out." I'm almost positive this is the problem, thoughts?  Before, when I was attempting to create the relate it was limited to just the map. 

0 Kudos
Kevin_McIntyre
New Contributor III

Jeff,

I can't say for certain for ArcGIS Pro, but referencing the documentation here for ArcMap requires you to have either a Standard or Advanced license.

0 Kudos