How do you upgrade WAB to beta 3.0 without starting from scratch

11-06-2014 02:05 PM
NathanielClement1
New Contributor II

Just wondering if its a simple as swapping out different files/folders or if you have to change something in the config

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nathaniel,

Are you talking about custom widgets and/or themes you have built or are you just talking about your applications that you have already configured?

0 Kudos
NathanielClement1
New Contributor II

Im more so talking about the general application that I have. I exported the app and did some work to it locally and I was wondering what are the benefits to beta 3.0 and whats needed to update it from the previous version.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nathaniel,

There is no one button upgrade but if all you need to do is take your app that you have already configured and manually upgrade to Beta 3 then you just need to copy the json files from each configured widget and the main config.json from the main application folder and copy those into the main app folder of a new vanilla Beta 3 app. In detail just go into WAB Beta 3 and create a new app and add all the same widgets you have in your original (don't bother configuring anything), this will create a new server/apps/## folder. Then just paste those json files in their respective locations in the new app.

0 Kudos