How do you add 3rd party widgets to WAB that is accessed via AGOL??

Jump to solution
03-10-2015 10:57 AM
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Is an AGOL user able to add 3rd party widgets to their app?

We have an organizational AGOL account and some users want to create apps using the WAB. I know Robert S has developed some widgets that greatly expand functionality. But I'm not sure how to instruct them to add the widget.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​Michael, it is not possible at this time to add widgets to the AGOL version of WAB, but is not difficult with the WAB developers version.  Many of the current custom widgets available from Robert S and others are fairly straight forward to use.  I have several docs available, that you can check out.  The Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List​   Lists many if the resources to get you started, including links to the others docs I have.  For instaling WAB look at Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed​   I have two others specific to the Local Layer widget...links are in the resource doc.

I try to update these with new info, especially the Resource doc, whenever I see something more come out.

Hope these help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LisaTurner
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Michael,

I was tasked with the job of getting our company widget up and running and found this free training seminar that helped put a few of the pieces together for me. Thought I would share it on the off chance that it helps someone on your end. It takes an hour to watch. Esri Training | Getting Started with the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​Michael, it is not possible at this time to add widgets to the AGOL version of WAB, but is not difficult with the WAB developers version.  Many of the current custom widgets available from Robert S and others are fairly straight forward to use.  I have several docs available, that you can check out.  The Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List​   Lists many if the resources to get you started, including links to the others docs I have.  For instaling WAB look at Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed​   I have two others specific to the Local Layer widget...links are in the resource doc.

I try to update these with new info, especially the Resource doc, whenever I see something more come out.

Hope these help.

MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Rebecca. 

That's what I thought regarding the AGOL version of WAB. The docs and help files are perfect, thank you!

0 Kudos