How change layer names in Layer List Widget?

Jump to solution
07-14-2015 08:20 AM
JakeCliffton
New Contributor III

After I created a web map, I add layers and change their names on web map.  But after launching Layer List widget, under each layer name, there is always another layer name which comes from the original map service like ADF_fafdas_DAFW.  Is there anyway I can change this original map service layer name  (e.g., ADF fafdas DAFW) or remove it? I don't want the underscore symbol.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeiZhou1
Occasional Contributor

I figure that out: you will need to create a feature layer from My Content, then add that to your Web Map, after that go change the name of the feature layer.  Then when you go back to use this web map in your app, the name will be exactly like what it displays in the web map.  When creating web map, if the layer is added directly, then the information from the map service will follow, like ABCD_DFAD_234231. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeiZhou1
Occasional Contributor

I figure that out: you will need to create a feature layer from My Content, then add that to your Web Map, after that go change the name of the feature layer.  Then when you go back to use this web map in your app, the name will be exactly like what it displays in the web map.  When creating web map, if the layer is added directly, then the information from the map service will follow, like ABCD_DFAD_234231.