I don't know if that is already a known issue, but I personally don't like the font-family used in the LayerList widget, after the update of WAB 2.1 (online and dev).
So (for dev version only) I searched a bit in the CSS's and found some font-family definitions like Avenir-Medium, instead of Avenir Medium.
Basically I replaced all the appearances of that "-" in the following files, which fixes it.
- \LayerList\css\style.css (Lines 4, 30, 459, 493)
- \jimu.js\css\jimu.css (Lines 3597, 3746, 3776) (affects other widgets, e.g. “Robert’s eSearch Widget”)
I also informed the Esri Support Team about it.
PS: Just got a note from support that they already logged a bug: BUG-000097347: The font used for items in the Layer List widget doe..
In the jimu-theme.css file, change these two lines and most of the font reverts back to the previous WAB release. At least that is what I have found so far...
I tried your solution, but this doesn't work for me... It modifies only the title fonts of the widget, but not the layer list itself.
For the select widget there is another one to fix it on the config window:
Select\setting\css\style.css on lines 9 & 28
I am having a very strange issue with the font fix. The issue doesn't involve your fix, but.....
1) The fix works perfectly using IE11, Firefox, and Chrome when the fixed app is hosted on an internal server (Win Server 2012). The fix also works fine when an app with it is viewed from within WAB Dev using IE11.
2) When an app with the fix is hosted on a public server (Win Server 2008), the fix works in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome, but NOT in IE11. You can see for yourself with this app:
This is very odd, and I am stumped. I cleared my IE11 cache many times, and still the fonts are bad after the app is reloaded.