Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Layer view not displaying on map in WAB app

Jump to solution
06-14-2021 07:36 AM
AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

I am working on setting up maps and apps for a dataset our team is working on developing. The original hosted feature layer is fully editable and displays all fields, so I created a feature layer view that would be a user facing "viewer" version.

I set the symbology and pop-ups in the Visualization tab of the original feature layer, then created a hosted feature layer view for the "viewer" version that hides a few fields that are only for editors, and puts a definition query on the dataset.

This view layer can be added to a web map as expected, but when I use WAB or Operations Dashboard to create an app, the layer's symbology doesn't display. The data is visible and select-able through the attribute table, but isn't visible on the map. I can only get the symbology to display using an app template (tried the Basic Viewer template), but this does not have the widgets we want to include in the app.

In troubleshooting, I have deleted and recreated the feature layer view, web map, and web app several times with no change noted. We also found that no errors are visible through Dev Tools in the network or console logs.

Has anyone else run into this problem and figured out how to fix it?

We are running ArcGIS Enteprise 10.7.1 on Linux.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

@RichSikoThanks for your insight! That's essentially what I had to do - republish the layer and recreate the view.

Your post made me remember that I had a similar problem with another layer a few months back, and then remembered that both of those feature layers had been published from Pro. This seems to be the problem in my case, publishing a hosted feature layer from ArcGIS Pro to Portal.

In this case, I used the existing feature layer as a template to create a new Hosted Feature Layer in Portal, and then appended the data in the first layer to the second in ArcGIS Pro. Once I did this, all views created worked as expected!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichSiko
New Contributor III

I've encountered a similar problem recently  with ArcGIS Field Maps where a specific feature layers symbology is not visible.  Other feature layers appear as they should. Esri Case #02823501  I'm using AGOL and was only able to correct the problem by recreating the view and the web map that utilizes it.

AbigailStephens
New Contributor III

@RichSikoThanks for your insight! That's essentially what I had to do - republish the layer and recreate the view.

Your post made me remember that I had a similar problem with another layer a few months back, and then remembered that both of those feature layers had been published from Pro. This seems to be the problem in my case, publishing a hosted feature layer from ArcGIS Pro to Portal.

In this case, I used the existing feature layer as a template to create a new Hosted Feature Layer in Portal, and then appended the data in the first layer to the second in ArcGIS Pro. Once I did this, all views created worked as expected!

0 Kudos