Extract Data by Intersection

Jump to solution
02-27-2017 04:15 PM
deleted-user-iwYtitJHBIyn
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have two distinct layers; one containing polygons representing HOA boundary limits and another featuring our City Parcels.  Is there a widget (or method for that matter) that I can use to obtain all Parcels intersecting a selected HOA in ArcGIS Online?  I know I can use the select tool but I was hoping to utilize something very similar to the Intersect function in ArcGIS Desktop.

Many thanks in advance.

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

I would try 2.3 and if it does not work then I can provide the 2.2 version.

View solution in original post

29 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

The eSearch widget allows for this but you would have to use WAB Dev. edition.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

That would be fine Robert.

Do you have a link to this widget?

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

We are running WAB 2.2.  Is there an Enhanced Search Widget for that version?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

I would try 2.3 and if it does not work then I can provide the 2.2 version.

New Contributor II

Okay. Thank you, Robert.

Jeff

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I have configured a search expression to search by HOA Name using Unique.  That way users can select the name from the drop down within the application.  There are 161 locations.

When I open the application the HOA Name search is already attempting to Retrieve Unique values but it just keeps cycling and cycling and never populates the drop down with the table values.

What am I doing wrong?

Jeff

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I am in the process of configuring the Enhanced Search Widget and ran into some difficulty.

I am at the Add a Search Layer phase.

For the Search URL I am assuming the information necessary for this field should correspond to the "right click map service/Service Properties/Mapping/REST URL that is listed.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to like that path and supplies the following error message - "Search URL Field Required, Included Fields is Empty"

Am I correct in my assumption of where to obtain the correct path?

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

The url need to contain a full url that even specifies the layer inside the map service:

http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Louisville/LOJIC_LandRecords_Louisville/M... 

(notice the /2 at the end of the url).

0 Kudos